Monday, December 13, 2010

The Outsiders


Title: The Outsiders
Author: S.E. Hinton

This is the book I owe the world to! It's the book that really got me into reading and opened many doors for me and the one book I would recommend to parents with kids who aren't really into the book scene. I first read this book in the sixth grade as a in class reading assignment and the very first day I went home and rummaged through our, at the time meager, bookshelf for my sister's copy. I read it at home and then read it again at school - I couldn't get enough of it and I still can't! S.E. Hinton has not only introduced me to a wonderful and memorable cast of characters, but also to a world I'd never that I'd see - the world of books.

The story is about the tension between two groups (the rich kids known as the Socs and the poor kids known as Greasers). One day things are taken a bit to far which leads to a few problems for the Greasers - Ponyboy is in for a rough time. This is a book about friendship, family, and the struggles that sometimes need to be faced in order to make it in the world.

Final Grade: 10 0ut 0f 10

No comments:

Post a Comment