Friday, December 31, 2010

It's Time for 2011

It's time to say goodbye to the year 2010 and warmly (or not so warmly) welcome the year 2011. The year 2011 holds a lot for from the get go! On January 4th I will be boarding a plane and flying off to the mythology filled world of Greece - I'm very excited, but also extremley nervous about this and not just because of what I hear about what's going on there now. This will be the first time I have traveled without a family member and it's not like my destination is a hop, skip, and jump away from home! I'm hoping I can overcome my 'slight' (cough, cough) paranoia and have some fun.

About four days after I get back school starts again, hooray! I'm actually looking forward to some of the classes I am going to be taking and I already know that I like two of the professors (one of which I will have twice). Of course, with the new semester also comes the start of the 'Animation and Arts' club (aka - anime club) which I am the current president of.

In March I will be packing my bags again for a small (in days only) family vacation. I'm sure the flight will be...interesting, for lack of a better word, with four kids under the age of four. I've actually never been on an overnight trip with the family like this in awhile, so it will be like going back to visit my own childhood a bit. To be honest I think I might be more hyped about this trip than the one to Greece, but I've always been very family based and I really do want to see my nephew's first time in Disney and his reaction to all the people and characters walking around.

Of course, at the end of April I also have Anime Boston to go to. I have been going to this convention for a few years now and I have no plans to stop. Speaking of anime there are a good number of series I'm looking for this coming year! One of them being Beezlebub, which has to be the most hilarious manga I have ever read, so I have really high hopes for the animation.

I played some of the best video games I have in a while this past year such as 'Persona 3: Portable' and 'Eternal Sonata' (which wasn't released in 2010, but it's when I finally played the game). It also had some great television shows such as the new BBC series 'Sherlock' that I have become obsessed with - I can hardly wait for season two! This year was a good movie year for me as well with 'How to Train Your Dragon', 'Despicable Me', 'Tangled', 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One' and Tim Burton's 'Alice in Wonderland'.

As far as my personal goals for 2011 the number one would have to be READ MORE! I've bought tons of great books looking books recently and not to mention the ones sitting patiently in my TBR pile. I also want to try and get my writing published somewhere within the coming year whether it be one of my poems or short stories. Keeping up with this blog is also a goal of mine and hopefully I will write many more poems and stories. At the stroke of midnight tonight I plan to start the year of with some reading, I haven't decided what I want to read yet though.

I'm off to do my luck dance for a, hopefully, awesome year!

No comments:

Post a Comment